- This program has passed.
August 16 @ 12:00 pm - August 18 @ 12:00 pm
Weekend Yoga Retreat
August 16 – 18, 2019
Weekend Yoga Retreat
Our Weekend Yoga Retreat is ideal for newcomers to Yoga or more seasoned practitioners who want to learn more about Sivananda Yoga. During the weekend you will experience a full immersion in classical Yoga practice.
relaxation techniques (savasana)
Mantras and the Mind
You will follow a full daily routine of yoga practice, nourished with wholesome vegetarian meals so that you can leave rested, refreshed and recharged.
Yoga at Home
You will gain basic knowledge of how to continue to practice yoga at home. You will begin to develop a lifestyle conducive to physical, mental and emotional health and well-being.
Hatha Yoga – Asanas and Pranayama
- Guide to the basic 12 postures
- explanation of benefits of the postures
- Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
- Yogic techniques of breathing
- What is classical yoga?
- Introduction to the tradition and lineage of the yoga masters
- What is the purpose of yoga?
- What are the methods of classical yoga?
- Basic philosophy of happiness, health, life, freedom
- Vegetarian yogic diet – the how and why
- Relaxation and stress management
- Positive thinking
- Basic technique of meditation
- The yogic daily routine
Find out more about our teachings.
Tenting – $69.00
Shared 4-person – $78.00
Shared (2-person) – $106.00
Single Room – $152.00
All options include 2 vegetarian meals, 2 yoga classes, and 2 satsangs.
6:00am – meditation, chanting
8:00am – Yoga Class
10:00am – Vegetarian Brunch
11:00am – Karma Yoga (selfless service)
02:00pm – Workshop
04:00pm – Yoga Class
06:00pm – Vegetarian Dinner
07:30pm – meditation, chanting
Come any time of the year for a yoga vacation.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: Check-in time is between 12:00 – 2:00pm Friday. Please do not arrive any later than 7:00 pm.
Departure: The course will finish at 12:00pm on Sunday. Please check-out of your room by 12:00pm.
What to Bring
In-door slippers, loose comfortable clothes, notebooks, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
All books and materials are available in our boutique.