- This event has passed.
Tet Retreat: Yoga Philosophy for Peace & Happiness
Thursday, January 23, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Monday, January 27, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Lunar New Year is a time for celebration and new beginnings. It is a perfect time to come and learn classical yoga as it was taught in the Himalayas by Yogi Swami Sivananda and by Swami Vishnudevananda. This international, holistic form of Yoga encompasses far more than simple posing and stretching. Yoga will introduced to:
– YOGIC EXERCISES bring peace and well-being. These exercises are not aerobic and can be completed by people of any fitness level.
– YOGIC BREATHING increases energy levels and balances the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
– YOGIC RELAXATION controls stress and helps achieve spiritual and mental peace. Melt away the stress of city living.
– YOGIC DIET (vegetarian) helps to revitalize the body and improve digestive health.
– POSITIVE THINKING & MEDITATION helps to under stand your inner core and unlock your potential. Calm the mind and remove negative energy.
- Orientation and Introduction of Sivananda Yoga
- What is Classical Yoga?
- Workshop: Sun Salutation and Asana
- How our mind works? What is positive thinking?
- Why meditate?”
- Peace “How to work with three Gunas to progress towards peace of mind?”
- Pranayama – Positive thinking techniques
- Love – How to apply classical yogic approachesin daily
- life for harmonious relationships and emotional wellbeing?