OUR LEARNING NEVER ENDS
An Invitation to Sivananda Yoga Teachers Worldwide – This celebration of Sivananda Yoga to reconnect with Swami Sivananda and Swami Vishnudevananda at the Sivananda Yoga in Da Lat, Vietnam. You will participate in Yoga classes, satsang workshops and 4 hours of karma yoga. There will be teaching workshops and sharings in a relaxed context of mountainous area as well as inspired satsangs.
You will participate in Yoga classes, Satsang, singing, dancing and seminars as well as meeting friends, veteran practitioners and staff from four corners of the world.
This reunion is to bring Sivananda Yoga teachers, the alumni and new graduates to the spiritual path as taught by the Gurus, to bring about self maturity, and elevate the spirit.
There will be seminars and symposia in the relaxed atmosphere of the highland forests as well as the inspirational and energetic satsang sessions that will all have a deeper look from the others and from the more experienced teachers to continue on their spiritual journey!
Through this meeting, we will re-examine:
– Controlling the postures while holding, adjusting and coming out of the postures.
– Counter postures and relaxation between the Asanas.
– Understand and recognize technical limitations and errors
– Strengthens the movement of the spine and joints
– The physical, intellectual and spiritual benefits of Asanas
– The importance of flowing the energy of Prana in the body.
SELECT TO REGISTER
GO DEEPER IN YOUR PRACTICE
WORKSHOP AND LECTURE
– Basic to Advanced- How to correct/improve asana practice
– Understanding the anatomy behind backward and forward bends
– Pranayama- its importance, how to practice/teach, deepen personal practice
– Yoga for limited mobility/disabled, prenatal and elderly
– Yamas/Niyamas- Re-introduce yourself to the basic do’s and dont’s of Sadhana
– Q and A: Advice on Sadhana and its purpose
ABOUT ASANA PRACTICES:
– Go deeper in your personal practice
– Focus on how to correct each student
– Challenge yourself with advanced variations
– Asana Jaya (meditation)
– Focus on breathing while practicing asanas and deep relaxation.
It is also a time to share your passion for yoga, reconnect with old friends and meet new friends.
- 6-7:30am………………………Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting, and lecture
- 8-10am……………………Yoga Class or Karma Yoga
- 10am……………………….Vegetarian Brunch
- 11am……………………….Karma Yoga
- 1-3pm……………………..Special Asana Workshop/Lecture
- 4-6pm……………………..Asana practice or Karma Yoga
- 6pm…………………………Vegetarian Dinner
- 8-10pm……………………Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting, and lecture
Swami Sitaramananda is an international teacher of Yoga, Meditation, and Philosophy for more then 35 years. She is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and is a representative of the teachings of International SYVC in Vietnam. She is in charge of West coast USA centers and Asia centers. She is presently the main teacher of the Yoga Teachers Training Courses offered at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm, Grass Valley, CA where she is serving as the director for more then 20 years. She also teaches yearly at other Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashrams & Centers in India, Bahamas, Japan, and China.
Swami Pranavananda, hails from the USA, and has been a Yoga and Meditation teacher since 1995 in the US and abroad. He teaches mainly the Hatha Yoga and Anatomy sections for the TTC courses. He was the director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers in Los Angeles, CA and San Francisco, CA for a few years. Currently he is serving in Vietnam teaching in the Hochiminh center. He enjoys taking classes to learn Vietnamese.
Swami Narayanananda, who was born in London, England, has been a teacher of Yoga and meditation in the International Sivananda Yoga vedanta Centers since 1999. He has served in the ashrams in California and New York, also as director of the centers in New York and Chicago. He is a regular teacher for our Teacher Training and Advanced Teacher training courses in the USA, India and Vietnam. Swami Narayanananda has a compassionate and accessible teaching style firmly based in his own practice and in the study of scripture.
Ganga Chaitanya graduated from International Sivananda Yoga teacher training course in 2009 and Advanced yoga teacher training course 2010 at the Yoga Farm in Grass Valley USA. She is also a graduate of the “Yoga as Medicine”, “Yoga Psychology”, and “Ayurveda and Yoga Wellness” course. She has been the director of the very dynamic Sivananda Yoga Centre in Ho chi minh City since 2011 and took her brahmacharya vows in 2017.