Advanced Teacher Training Course
Advanced Teacher Training Course (ATTC)
A LIFE TRANSFORMING EXPERIENCE
The Sivananda Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Coursee is a 4-week immersion for serious students of yoga to take their knowledge and practice to deeper levels, fostering a profound understanding of sadhana and spiritual life. This 500-hour certification course allows graduates from the Sivananda Yoga TTC to deepen their training and practice through in-depth study of Vedanta philosophy and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Maharishi; daily practice of advanced hatha yoga techniques, including asana variations and advanced pranayama; study of Karma Yoga and Bhakti Yoga; anatomy and physiology of the nervous system; and an introduction to the Sanskrit language.
- Become an internationally recognized 500 hour certified Yoga Instructor
- Strengthen your sadhana – learn advanced asana and pranayama techniques
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of yoga philosophy with in-depth study
- Reconnect to the tradition, lineage, senior teachers and the global Sivananda community
SELECT TO REGISTER
Yoga Alliance Certified
Our graduates receive an internationally recognized certification through the worldwide Yoga Alliance confirming that, in combination with the hours earned in the TTC, they are 500-hour qualified yoga teachers.
BECOMING A YOGA TEACHER
The teaching instruction and daily in-depth practice with individual corrections comprises:
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
Study In An Ancient Tradition
THE GURUKULA SYSTEM
The Daily Schedule
- 4:30am Wake Up
- 5:00am Pranayama
- 6:00am Meditation, Mantra chanting, Lecture, or Silent Walk
- 8:00am Asanas
- 9:00am Anatomy & Physiology
- 10:00am Brunch
- 11:00am Karma Yoga
- 12:00pm Raja Yoga or Sanskrit
- 2:00pm Main Lecture on Vedanta
- 4:00pm Asanas and Pranayama
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture or Silent Nature Walk
Students enjoy special programs, festivals, concerts and symposiums that are offered during evening satsangs. There is one weekly day off.
*During the day off students are only required to attend morning and evening satsangs and to perform their Karma Yoga duties.
*Attendance at all activities is mandatory.
*Changes in the program may occur.
The body is the moving temple of God. It is the sacred shrine for the Supreme Soul. It should ever be kept clean, healthy, and strong.
– Swami Sivananda
SIGNING UP FOR THE ATTC
WHAT TO BRING (COURSE MATERIALS)
The following course materials and items should be brought or else, where noted, purchased on location in our boutique which will be open daily.
- 2 yoga pants, 2 t-shirts
- TTC Manual
Required materials not included by course fee but available in boutique for purchase:
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
- Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Dorling Kindersley
- Bhagavad Gita with a commentary by Swami Sivananda, the Divine Life Trust Society
- Yoga mat
- Notebook and pen
- Kriya set (including Neti Pot)
- Meditation cushion, meditation shawl (recommended)
- Comfortable as well as warm clothing (covering shoulders and knees)
- Sandals or slippers for indoors (optional)
- Walking shoes
- Water Bottle and Travel mug or tumbler (for hot tea)
- Rain gear
- For tent space only: bring your own tent, bedding, and towels