The Sivananda Institute of Health and Yoga seeks to empower individuals with classical Yoga tools and Self-knowledge to promote integral health, to reduce stress, to restore balance and a sense of purpose in one’s life.
Who Benefits from this Knowledge?
- Yoga teachers
- Health care providers
- Acupuncture clinics
- Physical therapist and chiropractor offices
- Social workers
- At-risk youth facilities
- Life coaches
- Corporate wellness programs
- Those with a true passion for health and well-being
The Sivananda Yoga Health Educator is trained in the therapeutic application of Yoga techniques to address following health conditions:
- Health and Lifestyle: (healthy daily routines, relaxation and coping skills in work, family, relationship, diet, exercise…)
- Cardiovascular Conditions: Hypertension, Heart diseases (practice of asanas and breathing, relaxation to decrease in heart rate and blood pressure, modification of coronary artery disease risk factors)
- Metabolic Conditions: Diabetes, Obesity, Auto-immune disorders, Chronic Fatigue (healthy relationship with food)
- Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Improper Breathing (pranayama to improve balance of Autonomic Nervous System, improve cardio respiratory efficiency)
- Musculoskeletal Conditions: Back Health and spine issues, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Balance issues, Mobility and stiffness due to age or sedentary and immobile modern lifestyle (adapted Yoga asanas to conditions)
- Psychological Disorders and nervous system Psychosomatic diseases: Sleep disorders, Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, Stress, Trauma (PTSD), Addiction, Chronic Pain (Using yoga psychology to improve mental health, capacity of emotional regulation, increase relaxation, improve interpersonal relationships, decrease anxiety level, improve concentration and brain blood flow, reduction of perceived stress and improve adaptive autonomic response to stress, improve sense of well-being)
- Special Populations: Senior and aging, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, palliative care, rehabilitation and recovery after surgery and injury, deaf, blind, autistic.
- Lack of Spiritual Health: Lack of self-discipline, self-care, meaning of life. (acquiring stability and courage, development of virtues, selflessness, Self-awareness, Self-enquiry, improve discrimination and detachment)
Use classical Yoga techniques to address specific health concerns and provide an overall sense of wellbeing and peace to those in need.
Over the course of the training, the Sivananda Yoga Health Educator becomes versed in the therapeutic application of the Five Points of Yoga and the Four Paths of Yoga—Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga (includes Hatha Yoga), and Jnana Yoga.
The goal of the Sivananda Yoga Health Educator is to empower participants in their own Self-healing through the practice of asana, pranayama, conscious relaxation techniques, vegetarian diet, positive thinking tools, and meditation practices.
Practical tools, foundational concepts and philosophical knowledge are gained to create the framework for more advanced study as one progresses through the program. Emphasis is placed on understanding the subtler aspects of the causes of disease and stress in the individual. Common health conditions addressed include respiratory disorders, cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, auto-immune disorders, musculoskeletal conditions, psychology, etc.
Intensive study in Yoga psychology, the therapeutic effects of meditation practice, the theory of karma and disease, counseling techniques based in the Vedic sciences, Ayurveda psychology, as well as understanding the root cause of addiction and behaviors are covered in the curriculum. Thus, the Yoga Health Educator has the knowledge and intuitive capacity to be a positive and healthy instrument of healing.
Promote a complete Yoga lifestyle with HEALTH TECHNIQUES
Based on the classical four paths of Yoga
- HATHA YOGA: postures, breathing, relaxation, diet
- RAJA YOGA: psychology, self regulation techniques, meditation, mantras
- JNANA YOGA: Vedanta philosophy, self-enquiry, Selfremembrance
- BHAKTI YOGA: devotion, love and emotional sublimation
- KARMA YOGA: selflessness, duty and service
Empower Self-healing in people to reduce stress and to restore balance and purpose to their life. Gain tools and knowledge in areas such as:
- Causes of stress and their relationship to disease
- Anatomy and physiology relating to stress and disease
- Application of Yoga practices to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Therapeutic effects of meditation practice on stress-based health conditions
- Root causes of addiction and harmful behaviors
- Application of Vedic Counseling techniques for integral health
- Yogic perspectives on the stages of life and life’s purpose
- Yoga of relationships
- Theory of karma and disease
The Sivananda Yoga Health Educator Training in Vietnam is structured over 24 months with 3 2-week residential study immersions taking place at the Sivananda Yoga Resort and Training Center in Dalat, Vietnam and one online 3-week immersion.
Under the supervision of an assigned Mentor, the Sivananda Yoga Health Educator meets with participants in one-on-one Yoga Health Consultation sessions (observed and unobserved). The Sivananda Yoga Health Educator student conducts intake and assessment of participants, and develops protocols addressing the health needs of the participant. Follow-up, re-assessment, and adjustment of protocols to meet the participant’s evolving needs and goals are an essential component of the Practicum and the work of the Sivananda Yoga Health Educator.
Completion of the Sivananda Teacher Training Course (TTC) or other 200-hour Yoga Teacher certification is a pre-requisite for the Yoga Health Educator program.
Are you ready for the next step in creating a more peaceful world? Contact us for a free Program Consultation
"Charge the vision with Wisdom and see the whole world as God." Swami Sivananda