2 year program (800 hours)
Year 1: Three Modules each for 2 weeks (15 days).
Residential immersion programs at the Sivananda Yoga Resort and Training Center, Dalat, Vietnam. 440 hours
Year 2: One Module (distance learning) online courses (109 hours) and
Mentored practicum (251 hours) in medical clinic and yoga centers.
Module 1: Yoga and the Mind, Psychology and mental health
Jan.12 - 27 2018 (149 hours)
- Stress reduction and Health
- Yoga Psychology for mental health
- Meditation to reduce stress and increase well being
- Raja Yoga and Positive thinking for emotional regulation
- Yoga Philosophy for healing
- Yoga and Karma Counselling
- How Hatha Yoga heals
- Ayurveda foundations
- 5 layers of healing
Module 2: Ayurveda and Healing, Anatomy and physiology and Yoga effects on specific conditions, pathologies of different systems.
October 12 - October . 27, 2018 (146 hours)
- Ayurveda detoxification
- Biomedical information
- Familiarity with medical terminology ,pathologies and disorders of different systems
- Anatomy and physiology: Yoga effects on specific conditions
- Yoga strategies to address stress, anxiety, fears, hatred, attachment, anger and desire, greed, grief, guilt, lust.
Module 3: Yoga Health Techniques and Yoga therapy to manage different conditions
Jan. 4 - Jan.19 2019 (145 hours)
Adapted Yoga for different groups and needs.
Yoga for back pain
Yoga for headaches.
Yoga for seniors
Yoga for balance
Yoga for epilepsy
Yoga for people recovering from surgery
Lifestyle Yoga and its impact on body mind system
Yoga for immobile lifestyle -chai Yoga
Yoga for Health Management of circulatory system diseases: Hypertension, heart conditions.
Yoga for Health Management of respiratory system disorders: asthma, breathing problems .
Yoga for Health Management of Metabolic conditions : diabetes, obesity, weight problems , immune system disorders.
Yoga for Health Management of digestive system disorders : ulcer, constipation..
Yoga for Cancer Management
Yoga for insomnia , sleep disorders.
Fundamentals of Ayurveda detoxification.
Sivananda protocols how to assess and prepare healthcare.
Yogic guidelines on ethical and positive life.
Module 4: Distance learning
May 2018 - September 2019 (109 hours)
- Principles of therapeutic relationships
- Skills for education clients and groups
- Yoga of recovery from addiction
- Ayurveda daily routine
- Ayurveda nutrition
- Anatomy and Physiology: pathologies of body systems.
Module 5: Yoga health Techniques applied : Practicums under mentor's supervision:
- How to assess, follow up and counsel individuals
- How to educate groups in Health Education Yoga Camps on: 1. Diabetics and heart diseases; 2. Cancer management; 3. Chronic pains and arthritis, 4. stress management : depression; anxiety..
- How to conduct Health Education retreats .
- How to conduct a Yoga therapeutic session