Tet Retreat: Yoga Philosophy for Peace & Happiness
February 1 @ 12:00 pm - February 7 @ 12:00 pm
Lunar New Year: Tet Retreat
Yoga Philosophy for Peace & Happiness
February 1 – 7, 2019
Tet: Lunar New Year
Lunar New Year is a time for celebration and new beginnings. It is a perfect time to come and learn classical yoga as it was taught in the Himalayas by Yogi Swami Sivananda and by Swami Vishnudevananda. This international, holistic form of Yoga encompasses far more than simple posing and stretching. Yoga will introduced to:
relaxation techniques (savasana)
Mantras and the Mind
– YOGIC EXERCISES bring peace and well-being. These exercises are not aerobic and can be completed by people of any fitness level.
– YOGIC BREATHING increases energy levels and balances the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
– YOGIC RELAXATION controls stress and helps achieve spiritual and mental peace. Melt away the stress of city living.
– YOGIC DIET (vegetarian) helps to revitalize the body and improve digestive health.
– POSITIVE THINKING & MEDITATION helps to under stand your inner core and unlock your potential. Calm the mind and remove negative energy.
- Orientation and Introduction of Sivananda Yoga
- What is Classical Yoga?
- Workshop: Sun Salutation and Asana
- How our mind works? What is positive thinking?
- Why meditate?”
- Peace “How to work with three Gunas to progress towards peace of mind?”
- Pranayama – Positive thinking techniques
- Love – How to apply classical yogic approachesin daily
- life for harmonious relationships and emotional wellbeing?
Find out more about our teachings.
Tenting – $216.00
Shared 4-person – $245.00
Shared (2-person) – $331.00
Single Room – $475.00
All options include 2 vegetarian meals, 2 yoga classes, and 2 satsangs.
6:00am – meditation, chanting
8:00am – Beginners Yoga Class
10:00am – Vegetarian Brunch
11:00am – Karma Yoga (selfless service)
01:00pm – Workshop
04:00pm – All Levels Open Yoga Class
06:00pm – Vegetarian Dinner
08:00pm – meditation, chanting
Come any time of the year for a yoga vacation.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: Check-in time is between 12:00 – 4:00pm Friday. Please do not arrive any later than 7:00 pm. We recommend that you join the afternoon Asana class at 4:00pm.
Departure: The course will finish at 2:00pm on Sunday. Please check-out of your room by 12:00pm. Please stay on for your final workshop before departing.
What to Bring
In-door slippers, loose comfortable clothes, notebooks, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
All books and materials are available in our boutique.